Dress Code at
Students are expected to follow the dress code below. WCA school colors are light blue, navy, white, black, yellow, and gray. Any student who is out of uniform will be asked to change into something from our recycled uniforms or a parent may be called to bring a change of clothes.
1. Students must wear WCA logo embroidered polos, dresses, blouses with a collar and sleeves, or a turtleneck in a solid school color.
2. Shirts must be tucked in at all times while on campus.
3. Sweaters, pullovers, and sweatshirts (zip-up or hooded) worn in the classroom must be in a solid color. No emblems or logos unless WCA logo.
4. Chapel shirts (light blue oxford with WCA logo) must be worn on Tuesdays.
1. Pants, shorts, skirts, dresses, and jumpers must be in khaki, navy or the WCA plaid.
2. Skirts, shorts, dresses, and jumpers must be worn appropriately and properly fastened with no tears that reveal skin above mid-thigh (as defined below). Girls must wear appropriate shorts underneath skirts, dresses, and jumpers. Solid color leggings (school colors only) may be worn under skirts.
3. Hemlines for dresses, skorts, skirts, and/or shorts must be no shorter than mid-thigh (a second violation of this policy will result in appropriate disciplinary action). Mid-thigh is defined as while a student is in the seated position, measure halfway from the top of the leg (the crease your hip makes when seated) to the outside of the bent knee. In a standing position, whatever students are wearing should be longer than the mid-thigh mark, when standing, as defined above.
4. Skin-tight clothing (ie. Bike pants, tights, leotards, leggings – unless worn under shorts, dresses, or skirts that conform to appropriate dress code policy) shall not be worn.
1. Socks or tights must be in solid school colors only. This includes ankle socks and socks that may peak out of the shoes. (If you can see it, it should meet school uniform colors).
1. Shoes must have closed toes and fit securely on the foot; such as those with laces, buckles or Velcro. Sneakers are the best shoes for school on a daily basis.
2. Shoes with electronics, wheels, LED lights, and other irregular accessories are not to be worn.
3. Crocs, jellies, water shoes, flip flops, cleats, heels, and boots are not permitted.
1. Only natural hair colors are permitted on campus during the school year. This includes dying hair bright colors.
2. Hair should be kept off the face.
3. Accessories are permitted but must not be bulky in nature and should support the overall school appearance.
4. Hats, bandanas, scarves, and beanies are not permitted.
1. Sweaters/sweatshirts must be solid school colors or with school logo only.
2. Outerwear that is not in a school color must be removed upon entering the classroom.
3. Please write your child’s name inside jackets, sweatshirts, and sweaters.
Dress Down Days
Fridays are school spirit days when students may wear their WCA t-shirt with blue denim jeans only or regular uniform bottoms. There also may be dress down fundraiser days scheduled throughout the year. On those days, all shirts must cover shoulders, shirts, shorts and shoes must meet regular uniform policy. No hats or other head gear allowed.
If a student violates the Dress Code Policy, the following steps will be taken:
1st Offense – Verbal warning.
2nd Offense – Green slip & parent contacted.
3rd Offense – Pink slip & sent home for the day.